Pop Piano Video "Keyboard Harmony" Package #1: Chapters One, Two, Three, Four and Five
Click here to see trailer videos for Chapters One, Two, Three, Four and Five of our Pop Piano Video Instruction Series.
Get the best possible guidance with your Pop Piano Book studies with our value-priced “Keyboard Harmony” Bundle #1, containing the complete video lessons for Chapter One (Scales and Chords), Chapter Two (Rhythmic Concepts and Notation), Chapter Three (Diatonic Triads and Four-Part Chords), Chapter Four (Triad Inversions and Voiceleading) and Chapter Five (Creating & Using Triad-Over-Root Chords). You’ll get nearly four hours of step-by-step video instruction, with Mark Harrison explaining and demonstrating the concepts, and improvising musical styles examples along the way.
The Chapter One video covers the following topics in depth:
- major, minor, modal, pentatonic and blues scales
- three-, four-, and five-note chords
- circle-of-5ths and circle-of-4ths concepts
The Chapter Two video covers the following topics in depth:
- rhythmic notation and time signatures
- rhythmic subdivision and how to count rhythms
- rhythmic anticipations in musical styles
The Chapter Three video covers the following topics in depth:
- major scale “contours” (the secret to playing in all keys!)
- diatonic triads
- diatonic four-part chords
The Chapter Four video covers the following topics in depth:
- major and minor triad inversions
- inverting triads below melody or ‘top notes’
- voiceleading triads around the circle-of-5ths and circle-of-4ths
The Chapter Five video covers the following topics in depth:
- all commonly-used major and minor triad-over-root chord voicings
- using these voicings to interpret chord symbols and progressions
- applying these voicings in different rhythmic styles
In addition to Mark's explanation and playing examples, the videos show the page and figure numbers being referenced in the Pop Piano Book, as well as text captions for further explanation.
To get the best out of these video lessons, we recommend that you have our Pop Piano Book while viewing!