- Beginner Piano Series
- Piano Styles For Beginners Book (With Audio)
Piano Styles For Beginners Book (With Audio)
Piano Styles for Beginners is a perfect introduction to playing in blues, boogie-woogie, gospel, funk, and pop ballad styles. You'll start playing authentic chordal patterns and rhythmic grooves right away, using the downloadable play-along audio tracks. Each track features a piano demo and a rhythm section recorded on separate channels so that you can play along with the band. The tracks, in combination with Mark’s easy to follow instruction, give the player a great foundation for improvising in each style.
Each chapter in this book is derived from a volume in our best-selling Beginner Piano E-Book series. These E-Books have now been combined into this single beginner-friendly print book, with online audio access included!
Click on the sample pages below the front cover, then hover over each page to zoom in:
- page 6: Blues patterns with triads
- page 36: Boogie-Woogie patterns with four-part chords
- page 56: Gospel comping with pentatonic scale fills
- page 68: Funk comping with triads
- page 94: Pop Ballad melody treatment
See below for audio examples from these sample pages.